be like the ant




A couple of months back, I chanced upon a wall gecko in my kitchen window. I’m not a fun of crawling animals, so instinctively I moved for my insecticide spray and pufffffff, I finished it off.
Even in its death, I will never handle a gecko, i left it on the window sill. (Please note: I am not a coward oooo. lol) 

Chores took my mind off this dead creature. Fast forward, about 30 minutes later, I see a line of ants marching toward the window. With the thoughts of my heinous crime far out of my mind, I draw the curtain to look, and behold, about 70% skeletal remains of the late gecko hoisted on the shoulders of these tiny ants. I usually would use insecticide spray on ants when I spot them, but, I just stood there, watching with admiration the way these tiny soldiers performed their task.  

As some were de-fleshing the gecko, others were trying to raise it up. I just stood there, watching and learning. Eventually, only the bone and some bony parts of the skull remained. Now with all ‘hands’ on deck, these tiny creature lifted the late mr gecko.

Unfortunately, they were met with an obstruction. Since they could not carry it through a metal object that seems to barricade them, they resorted to keep removing every eatable flesh. And that they did very well.
I learnt a few lessons.

Determination and hard work pays.

No matter how bad you want something, it is how hard you are willing to work that determines if you will get it.

   
If one technique fails it doesn’t mean that is the end of the task, find an alternative. You may not get the same result … but your result will be closer to the end than the beginning.


Ants are small in size, but their mind (if they have any) can propel them to unite and get every task performed. 

My maths teacher always told our class in senior high school to reason as the ant, because it is not the size, but the will and the effort. 
Spare a moment to watch ants and you will be surprised what you will learn.

share what you have learnt about ants........

    aivie


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts